Saturday, March 16, 2013

If men weighed the hazards of the sea...



Some things have happened. While living on this boat, I am also doing all I can to continue coordinating with the team of Rambling Spirit magazine, which is really a story for another time. I am also trying to squeeze in preparations for my trip to Rio de Janiero for World Youth Day in July, but that as well will have to take a back seat for now. For now priority number one is being my uncle's crew on Avalon.

Internet connection is, well, low quality and inconvenient -- but it'll have to do. I'm connected through my phone's mobile hotspot and can only open a tab at a time, but that's all I need. Sometimes I think I left things behind at home at the wrong time, especially as I recall the many loose ends I left back home that I'm now trying to tie up electronically. Many distractions involving doubt, regret and worry often keep me from focusing on my role on Uncle Ken's boat, but the time to embrace a great opportunity is never just right, and you'll always find yourself making other sacrifices in the process. If you think too much about the sacrifices, the opportunity slips you by. That's what I had in mind when I decided to come aboard Avalon.

The boat voyage to The Bahamas will be amazing, and everything else I plan to do at this time of my life will happen. If you want to live life to the fullest, you just have to make it happen.

"If men weighed the hazards of the sea, none would embark." -   Juana Ines de la Cruz

No comments:

Post a Comment